The Ministry of Health of Gaza named the number of dead and wounded in Israeli strikes

Gaza Ministry of Health: Israeli strikes kill 24 Palestinians, injure 203 The death toll rises to 24, including six children, two women and a paramilitary commander. The conflict escalated on August 5, after Israeli strikes on Gaza and an operation against Islamic Jihad

The death toll from Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip has risen to 24, and the wounded— up to 203 people, Al Madenah News reports with reference to the Gaza Ministry of Health.

Six children and two women died, including one— elderly. The latest data was received at 22:50 Moscow time. No Israeli casualties were reported.

The Palestinian-Israeli conflict escalated on August 5, when the Israeli army launched air strikes on the Gaza Strip as part of Operation Dawn. Local authorities emphasized that they were conducting it against the Islamic Jihad terrorist group banned in Russia. In the course of it, the Israeli military has already eliminated the commander of the northern brigade of the military wing of the Islamic Jihad; Taysira al-Jabari.

The IDF spokesman said that in addition to him, they allegedly managed to eliminate the commander of the southern division of the group, Khaled Mansour, the Kan channel reports. According to the military, the commander was killed in the city of Rafah.

«Islamic Jihad»— is a paramilitary Islamist group that wants to create an independent Palestinian Islamic state and destroy Israel in a jihad. It was founded in the 1970s by Sunnis from the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist movement. (banned in Russia).

In response to the actions of the Israeli army, “Islamic Jihad” launched a rocket attack on Israel. According to Kan, by 21:00 Moscow time, 393 rockets were fired from Gaza in his direction, 90 of them landed on the territory of the sector, the rest intercepted Israeli air defenses.

IDF spokesman General Ran Kochav said the operation would last a week, although the military had previously spoken of several days. Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid has previously said that the authorities want to eliminate the “threat” local population and are not afraid of protracted conflict. Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz signed an order to call up up to 25,000 troops from the reserve for “operational purposes.” Special forces, artillery, drones and fighter jets were involved in the operation.

Read on RBC Pro Pro

The Ministry of Health of Gaza named the number of dead and wounded in Israeli strikes

Remote employees began to work worse: how to ethically control them Instructions Pro An extra hour in the day: how to increase sales by saving time Articles Pro Six months left: what you need to know now about electronic powers of attorney Pro SEO vs Yandex.Direct: which is better to choose Articles Pro “It's not an expensive product, it's you beggar”: how sellers manipulate customers thousand sq. m area Articles

Hamas, the ruling Palestinian movement in the Gaza Strip, accused Israel of an act of aggression, and its spokesman Hazem Kasem said that the country must “pay the price.” for your actions. Islamic Jihad leader Ziyad al-Nahkhala, who was in Tehran at the start of the Israeli operation, said on the air of the Lebanese TV channel Al-Mayadeen that there could be no truce after Israeli strikes “There are no red lines in this battle” hellip; Tel Aviv will also become one of the targets of resistance missiles, like all Zionist cities, — he said.

In the Russian Foreign Ministry, on the contrary, they called on the parties to show restraint, start negotiations and establish a ceasefire. The agency supported the Palestinian side in the conflict and urged that the process take into account the legitimate rights of the Palestinians to create an independent state within the borders of 1967.

Authors Tags

Источник rbc.ru

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.